Appointments to Advisory Committees to the State Board of Education
|Policy Title||Appointments to Advisory Committees to the State Board of Education|
|Policy Category||Advisory Committees (ADVS)|
COMMITTEE ON ADVISORY COMMITTEES
Procedures governing appointments to various advisory committees to the State Board of Education:
- Make and keep updated information about all Committees to be named. Include a brief description of duties, composition, length of term, etc., as well as the statutes requiring the committees.
- Notify Board members in writing two months prior to meeting when committee appointments are to be made.
- Give individual Board members one month in which to make nominations.
- Furnish Board members a list of all nominees and particulars one month prior to decision date. Include addresses, telephone numbers, and other information about nominees.
- Appointments will be made by State Board two months following number 2 above.
- Staff and State Superintendent will furnish lists of nominees on same basis as Board members, unless otherwise required.
- State Superintendent will arrange list of nominees for number 5 above so as to assure equity in representation, compliance with laws, regulations, etc.
- All vacancies will be filled from original list of nominees by Board. If original list is depleted, State Superintendent will furnish additional nominees.
- Every effort will be made by all who furnish nominees to provide for proper representation--sex, race, geography, economics, etc.
- Appointees will be notified by State Superintendent and/or Secretary of the Board following Board action. Board members and others making nominations should be reasonably sure that nominees will serve before nominations are made.