16 NCAC 1A.0001 Policy defines key terms
|Policy Title||16 NCAC 1A.0001 Policy defines key terms|
|Policy Category||NC Administrative Code (NCAC)|
|Previous Policy Dates||05/07/1986|
|Statutory Reference||NC Constitution, Article IX, Section 5|
|Administrative Procedures Act (APA)||16 NCAC 1A.0001|
16 NCAC 1A.0001
As used in this Title:
(1) "Basic education program" (BEP) means that comprehensive program developed by the SBE and implemented by each LEA in accordance with the provisions of G.S. 115C-81.
(2) "Certificate" means: that document issued by the department to professional public school employees which indicates that they have met the minimum criteria for serving in a professional position.
(3) "Certificate of attendance" means that document issued by LEAs to students pursuant to 16 NCAC 6D.0103(a).
(4) "Department" means the Department of Public Education.
(5) "Graduation certificate" means that document issued by LEAs to students pursuant to 16 NCAC 6D.0103(c).
(6) "Local education agency" (LEA) means local board of education. As used in 16 NCAC 6H .0005-.0010, LEA includes the Departments of Human Resources and Correction.
(7) "State Board of Education" (SBE) means the head of the Department of Public Education.
(8) "Superintendent" means the Superintendent of Public Instruction.