16 NCAC 6D.0101 Policy defining key terms used in the Basic Education Plan
|Policy Title||16 NCAC 6D.0101 Policy defining key terms used in the Basic Education Plan|
|Policy Category||NC Administrative Code (NCAC)|
|Previous Policy Dates||08/04/1995|
|Administrative Procedures Act (APA)||16 NCAC 6D.0101|
As used in this Subchapter:
- "Competency goals" means broad statements of general direction or purpose.
- "Curriculum guide" means a document prepared by the department for each subject or area of study listed in the standard course of study and many commonly offered electives, including competency goals, objectives and suggested measures.
- "Diploma" means that document by which the LEA certifies that a student has met the requirements of Rule .0103 of this Section.
- "Graduation" means satisfactory completion of all state and local course requirements and meeting the requirements of Rule .0304 of this Subchapter.
- "Measures" means a variety of suggestions for ways in which the student may demonstrate ability to meet an objective.
- "Objective" means a specific statement of what the student will know or be able to do.
- "Proper test administration" means administration of tests adopted by the SBE for students, in accordance with Section .0300 of this Subchapter.
- "Special education student" means a student enrolled in or eligible for participation in a special education program.
- "Standard course of study" means the program of course work which must be available to all public school students in the state.
- "Transcript" means that document which provides a record of:
- all courses completed and grades earned;
- scores achieved on standardized tests; and
- participation in special programs or any other matter determined by the LEA.
History Note: Statutory Authority G.S. 115C-81;
Eff. July 1, 1986;
Amended Eff. April 1, 2002.