16 NCAC 6C.0101 Policy defining the general provisions of the APA Personnel Rules
|Policy Title||16 NCAC 6C.0101 Policy defining the general provisions of the APA Personnel Rules|
|Policy Category||NC Administrative Code (NCAC)|
|Previous Policy Dates||10/05/1995|
|Statutory Reference||GS 115C-240(a)|
|Administrative Procedures Act (APA)||16 NCAC 6C.0101|
As used in this Subchapter:
- "Convicted" or "Conviction" means and includes the entry of
- a plea of guilty
- a verdict or finding of guilt by a jury, judge, magistrate, or other duly constituted, established, and recognized adjudicating body, tribunal, or official, either civilian or military; or
- a plea of no contest, nolo contendere, or the equivalent.
- "Institution of higher education" (IHE) means a senior college or university.
- "Instructional personnel" means all teachers as defined by G.S. 115C-325, with the exception of supervisors, and non-teaching principals, assistant principals, social workers, counselors and psychologists. The term includes principals, assistant principals, or counselors who teach any part of the day, librarians and instructional aides, except that:
- aides are not included for the purpose of applying Rule .0403 of this Subchapter; and
- aides are not included for the purpose of applying Rule .0301 of this Subchapter.
- "License" has the same meaning as the term "certificate" as used in 16 NCAC 1A .0001(2).
- "National Teachers' Examination" (NTE) means the standard examination adopted by the SBE pursuant to G.S. 115C-284(c), 115C-296 and 115C-315(d)
- "Other personnel" means those persons not included within the definition of instructional personnel.
- "Part-time employee" means a person employed for at least 20 hours per week.
- "Permanent employee" means a person who is not a student enrolled in the school system who is employed:
- other than on an interim basis, to fill a position which is to become permanent if current needs and funds continue; or
- for at least six months under one contract, to replace one or more employees who are on leave without pay.
- "Professional public school employee" means and includes:
- administrators (superintendents, assistant or associate superintendents, principals, assistant principals, and supervisors); and
- education specialists (counselors, school social service workers, curriculum instructional specialists, school psychologists, and media personnel).
- "Renewal credit" means credit earned by a certificated employee for certificate renewal purposes
- "SACS" means the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- "Substitute" means a person who holds a teacher's certificate, or who is a college graduate, or who has been determined by a local board to be capable of performing the duties of a substitute teacher.
- "Teacher education program" means the curriculum, instructional resources and faculty that contribute to the quality of instruction and the acquisition of knowledge, skills and competencies required for professional personnel to perform effectively in the public schools.